I ALWAYS AWED THE ART OF COOKING AND ALWAYS

TREASURED THE RECIPES THAT RUN IN THE FAMILY. HERE IS AN EFFORT TO SAVE AND

SHARE THE SAME. THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME HERE.




Wednesday 19 August 2009

Hilsa Fish With Mustards / Shorshelish / Patodi

This a favorite bengali steamed fish recipe, which I got from my friend Mousumi. Though I do not eat seafood I learned this for amith. He tasted it when he visited Kolkata. Ofcourse my cooking could never level it but i tried my best to make this steam fish tasty.


Ingredients

Hilsa Fish – 4 pieces
Mustard seeds – 2 tbsp
Green chillies – 6 no.
Curd – 2tbsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil/ refined oil
Poppy seeds / khus- kus – 2tbsp (optional)
Salt to taste

Procedure:

Clean the fish and marinate it with haldi, salt.

Make a paste of mustard seeds, Green chilli (2 no.) and khus-kus. Take curd, turmeric and salt in a bowl and add the paste. Apply this mixture to the fish pieces.

Wrap the marinated fish with a slit green chilly in a banana leave. Chilli will make the fish spicy.




In a flat wok or pan, add little mustard oil or vegetable oil and fry the wrapped fish pieces for 10 minutes by turning in between.




In microwave - Brush little oil of the microwave plate and place the wrap on it. Microwave it for 15mts turning sides once in between.

No comments: