I ALWAYS AWED THE ART OF COOKING AND ALWAYS

TREASURED THE RECIPES THAT RUN IN THE FAMILY. HERE IS AN EFFORT TO SAVE AND

SHARE THE SAME. THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME HERE.




Friday 22 May 2009

Channa Masala

This is a very simple and easy to make recipe. When I know I have to fix a quick breakfast the next morning, this is surely one on my list.

Ingredients

1. Channa (Chick Peas) soaked overnight – 1 cup
2. Onions – 1 cup finely chopped
3. Tomatoes - 2-3 no.
4. Garlic ginger paste – 1 tbsp
5. Garam masala powder*
6. Mustared oil/ refined oil – 4 tbsp
7. Tej patta/ Biryani leaf – 2 small

* If the garam masala powder is not available. Take 3 cardamoms, 1” cinnamon, small and big elachi, 2 cloves, javitri 1 petal and put it in the blender while making ginger garlic paste.

Procedure:

In a cooker, add jeera, tej patta, and whole red chillies to the warm oil. To this, add chopped onions, salt and haldi. Fry till brown. Once fried add chilli powder, jeera powder, dhania powder, ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Keep stirring few minutes. Add the soaked channa and cook for 5 whistles. Remove it to a bowl, garnish with coriander and add a spoonful of ghee for taste. Tastes good with chapatti or puri.



*My Garam masala powder does not have javitri in it. I powder it separately as I use it very rarely in my cooking.

No comments: