I ALWAYS AWED THE ART OF COOKING AND ALWAYS

TREASURED THE RECIPES THAT RUN IN THE FAMILY. HERE IS AN EFFORT TO SAVE AND

SHARE THE SAME. THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME HERE.




Wednesday 24 March 2010

Milton’s Book of Genesis

This was on one of those nights when I was very seriously trying to concentrate on Milton’s Paradise Lost. The reason for this miraculous act was next day being my semester examination. My goal was only to mug up few lines so that I can quote them and impress the examiner. It was a purely selfish motto to score some marks.

I opened Book I (of Paradise Lost) and plunged into it knowing least that I could never float back. When I read the first few lines, I realized that I read the whole Old Testament. The joy of reading such a wonderful epic was enormous. How wonderfully Milton has crushed those hundreds of stories and put in a nutshell.

It is a Marvel of Marvels and Miracle of Miracles, here it goes-

Of Man's first disobedience, and the fruit

Of that forbidden tree whose mortal taste

Brought death into the World, and all our woe,

With loss of Eden, till one greater Man

Restore us, and regain the blissful Seat,

P.S: Forgot to tell about my motto for which I started reading it. From that day, these lines were etched on my heart forever. I did quote them in my examination but never bother to know if my examiner was impressed or not. I surely was.


The above picture depicts Angel Micheal expelling Adam and Eve from Garden of Eden

No comments: